Bored at Home? Unleash Your Inner Masterchef With These Simple Recipes Using Kellogg’s
Good day foodies, how are you? Food recipes are no doubt the most seen content on social media this year, if you’ve been itching to try out some, now is the time. Staying home and looking for ideas to cook something exciting at the same time easy to prepare? Let’s be honest, cooking isn’t the easiest thing to do. Lucky for you, our favourite cereal brand, Kellogg’s has shown us a few easy recipes that even newbies in the kitchen can do! There is definitely something for everyone down there, so scroll down and get cooking!
4 Easy Recipes Using Kellogg’s Products:
#1 Kellogg’s Strawberry Tarts
This sweet treat takes less than an hour to make. Not only do these strawberry tarts taste delicious, they’re pleasing to the eyes and your social media feed. Ingredients are fairly accessible too. Fun Fact: These strawberry corn flakes are pastel pink colored.
Ingredients: 4 cups Kellogg’s® Strawberry Cornflakes, 80g honey, 30g icing sugar, 50g butter.
For the custard: 1 cup milk, 2 egg yolks, 1 tablespoon corn flour, 1 teaspoon custard powder, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla essence. 250 – 300g fresh strawberries for garnishing.
- In a large pot, over low heat, melt the butter, sugar, and icing sugar
- Add in the Kellogg’s® Strawberry Corn Flakes until combined
- Scoop the mixture into a lined silicone/parchment paper on the baking sheet
- Bake at 150°C for 15 minutes
- Remove and put on a tray to cool
- Mix the above ingredients in a pot, strain/sieve the mixture
- Cook the mixture over low heat until creamy
- Chill in the fridge until ready to use.
- Put the baked tarts into a cupcake paper case, spoon the custard sauce and decorate with fresh strawberries.
#2 Froot Loops Rainbow Bar
As a kid, most of us grew up eating froot loops. Elevate your childhood cereal by turning it into a rainbow bar! If you have kids at home, this recipe would be fun to make together.
Ingredients: 50g butter, 220g marshmallows, 300g Kellogg’s® Froot Loops.
- Grease square baking tray 9×9 inches
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Place butter and marshmallows onto baking tray and bake for 10 minutes until melted.
- Add in Kellogg’s® Froot Loops, and mix well until pieces are coated and mixture is well combined.
- Pour into the greased tray, using a silicone spatula to press down the mixture until it is firm.
- Set tray aside to cool, and slice to desired size.
#3 Crispy Crusted Chicken Strips
Craving for something savoury? Try out this chicken strips recipe, they’re simply divine and a much healthier alternative than those chicken tenders out there. Recipe may be a bit more complex and time consuming but absolutely worth it.
Ingredients: 500g fresh chicken fillets, 2 tablespoons freshly minced garlic, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon mustard, 4 cups Kellogg’s® Corn Flakes, 2 eggs, slightly beaten, 1 cup plain flour.
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic, oil, salt, sugar, and mustard.
- Place chicken into a large bowl and add the mixed seasoning.
- Set chicken aside to marinate for an hour or more.
- Pour out the Kellogg’s® Corn Flakes onto a tray.
- Fill the bowl with beaten eggs.
- Sieve flour into another bowl.
- Grease a baking tray.
- Use a tong to pick up a piece of marinated chicken fillet, and coat it in flour, shake extra flour off before dipping the chicken fillet into the egg mixture, remove chicken fillet, and place it over the Kellogg’s® Corn Flakes until it is coated.
- Place coated chicken fillet onto the greased tray.
- Bake the chicken fillets for 15 to 20 minutes till golden brown.
#4 Honey Cluster
The last recipe is hands down the editor’s personal favourite. It is sweet, nutty and super easy to make. Plus, the Kellogg’s Honey & Nut Corn Flakes is great as a snack on its own.
Ingredients: 100g butter, 160g honey, 250g Kellogg’s® Honey & Nut Corn Flakes, 130g almond slices, 130g pumpkin seeds.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and honey together and stir well.
- Add and mix the Kellogg’s® Honey & Nut Corn Flakes, pumpkin seeds, and almond slices, until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture onto a silicone-lined baking sheet and bake at 180°C for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool and store in an air-tight container.
Tip: If you do not have a silicone sheet, use a parchment paper or a greased baking sheet instead.
These recipes are sure fun and easy to make at home. Who knew that you could add Kellogg’s cereals into your cooking? We’ve tried making all 4 recipes above ourselves, they were simply fun to make and tasted absolutely delicious. Don’t forget to tag your cooking buddies in the comments and try out these simple recipes together. Have a great day ahead and buh bye!
Recipe album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=KelloggsMalaysia&set=a.1428644647339423
Read Also: This Green Bus In JB Converted Into A Food Truck Serving Sarawak Kolok Mee
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your love for food, and explore the Johor community! We will also regularly post about casual promos and latest findings.
Click on the button below and hunt good food with us today!