Salam Ramadan, foodies! Thinking of making something out of the box for this year’s Ramadan and Raya? How about 3 incredibly unique recipes you didn’t know you could make using Quaker Oats? From cakes to toast and even nasi goreng – we’ve compiled it all for you!
Must-Try Quaker Oats Recipes For This Ramadan & Raya
Just when you thought you couldn’t do much with oats, here are 3 recipes you must try at home this Ramadan! Enjoy a scrumptious Oatmeal Scrambled Eggs On Toast during Suhur, then break your fast with a Nasi Goreng Quaker. Meanwhile, make the perfect Oats, Dates & Pistachio Cake for your friends and family so they too can enjoy the goodness of Quaker Oats.
Pssst…don’t miss out on gorgeous exclusive Ramadan gift sets for you to gift to your loved ones!
Oatmeal Scrambled Eggs On Toast
- 4 Tbsp of Quaker Oats (any type)
- 1 whole egg + 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of unsaturated cooking oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 small tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 block of hard/firm tofu, cut into small cubes
- 1 stalk of spring onion, thinly sliced
- Lettuce, avocado, chopped coriander or pine nuts, for garnish
- In a large bowl, mix Quaker Oats, eggs, pepper, and salt together.
2. In a non-stick pan, add oil, add onion and tomato and stir-fry for a minute.
3. Add in the tofu cubes and spring onion, to simmer.
4. Add in the egg mixture, cover and cook to simmer.
5. When the mixture thickens, stir well.
6. Arrange the lettuce on a plate, dish out the scrambled egg and serve hot on a slice of toast.
Oats, Dates & Pistachio Cake
- 2 cups (160g) of Quaker Quick Cook Oats, ground into powder
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Wet Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup of yogurt drink (natural flavour)
- 1/4 cup of vegetable or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar (may add more to taste)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of ground cardamom
- 150-200g of date paste/filling
- 10-11 pieces of pitted and halved dates
- Crushed pistachio or pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 175°C. Line a round 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper and grease the sides.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the dry ingredients and set them aside.
3. In another medium bowl, whisk all the wet ingredients until combined. Then, add the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
4. Scoop out half of the cake mixture into the prepared pan. Then, flatten the date paste with your finger a little at a time (you might need to oil your fingers) and place it over the cake layer leaving a 1/2-inch border from the outer edge.
5. Repeat until you get an even layer of date paste, spoon the remaining cake mixture and lightly spread it on top with the back of a spatula to cover the bottom layer.
Nasi Goreng Quaker
- 1 cup of Quaker Whole Oats
- 1 Tbsp of cooking oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp of ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of diced tomato
- 1 hot green pepper (optional), finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp of masala powder
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Pinch of saffron (optional)
- 2 cups of water/stock
- 1 Tbsp of fried onion (sautéed or air-fried)
- 1 Tbsp of roasted almond
- 1 Tbsp of coriander leaves, chopped
- Crispy fried anchovies with dried chilli flakes (optional)
- In a pan, sauté the onion, garlic, ginger, tomato and hot pepper over low heat.
2. Season with masala powder, salt, and saffron.
3. Add in water or stock and bring to a boil.
4. Add in the oats and stir for 5 minutes until cooked and thickened.
5. Garnish with fried onion, anchovies, almond and coriander leaves. Serve immediately.
Why Quaker Oats Is Everyone’s Favourite
As World’s No.1 Oats Brand, Quaker Oats is no doubt the household choice of oats and here are reasons why you should be if you’re still not on board. Quaker Oats contains are high in fibre beta-glucan and contains 7 times MORE fibrecompared to white rice, which helps to:
- Increase the feeling of fullness among other things, giving you and your family energy to get through the day!
- Maintain a healthy bowel.
- Support lowering of cholesterol level, when consumed together as part of a healthy lifestyle.
- Increase the feeling of fullness, thereby reducing calorie intake.
- Supplement intake of protein as it is a good source of protein.
Packed with 7 times more fibre and is low on fat, adding Quaker Oats to your meal will definitely boost your energy levels and help you lead a healthy lifestyle this Ramadan!
What Other Recipes Are Your Favourite To Make Using Quaker Oats?
Try your hand at these amazing recipes for your loved ones this Ramadan and Raya season. Be it for breakfast, lunch or dinner – now you can enjoy Quaker Oats all day long! Salam Ramadan and enjoy, foodies.
Now Playing, Catch New Episodes Every Friday At 7PM
Track your parcel: https://trackie.my
We would like to invite you to join our New Telegram Group! We will regularly post about good food, casual promos, giveaways, and interesting findings in Malaysia.