- 3 districts in Johor: Johor Bahru, Kulai, Kota Tinggi to implement MCO from 7 May to 20 May 2021
- Interstate and inter-district travel is not allowed
- Restaurants, eateries, food stalls allowed to operate from 6 AM to 12 AM
- Only takeaways and deliveries are allowed.
MCO 3.0 To Be Enforced In 3 Districts Under Johor
Announced by Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob that a total of 3 districts under Johor to enforce Movement Control Order (MCO) for 2 weeks starting 7 May to 20 May 2021. The districts involved are Johor Bahru, Kulai and Kota Tinggi. This means that interstate and inter-district travel in these 3 districts is not allowed.
Following are the updated operating hours in MCO areas.
- Restaurants, eateries, food stalls & food trucks: 6 AM – 12 AM
- (Only takeaways and deliveries are allowed)
- Convenience stores, clinics & petrol stations : 6 AM -10 PM
- Night markets and morning markets – 6 AM – 2 PM
Bazaar Ramadan is still allowed to operate with strict SOPs, operating hours remain the same – 3 PM – 8 PM. Closure of bazaar Ramadan will be up to the state government. Meanwhile, all economic sector is allowed to operate as per usual. Social activities and events such as Kenduri, weddings and engagement parties, receptions, aqiqah, doa selamat, tahlil, birthdays, reunions and retreats are strictly not allowed.
A full list of SOPs for the MCO can be obtained at National Security Council’s (MKN) website
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your love for food, and explore the Johor community! We will also regularly post about casual promos and the latest findings.
Click on the button below and hunt good food with us today!