Some days a simple meal is all you crave, especially when you’re in a pinch for time. As for us, we thought we’d try something new that took us less than twenty minutes- and that’s Beer Brats! It’s a popular American-German dish served at restaurants or sport events, but when you realise how easy it is to make at home, you’ll definitely want to try it out for yourself. Of course, we sourced the perfect sausages for this recipe and they’re none other than the world famous Johnsonville.
Johnsonville Has Just Launched A New Line Of Sausages At The Meat Experts
Founded in 1945, this American sausage brand specialises in tasty and juicy premium pork sausages. They already have a mouth-watering range in Malaysia, but now, The Meat Experts has launched the Johnsonville Fresh Sausage products as well:
- Johnsonville Original Bratwurst
- Johnsonville Chorizo Sausage
- Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage
- Johnsonville Cheddar Bratwurst
They’re all made from premium cuts of pork with natural casing, giving it a crisp bite with each helping. The best part? These sausages contain no fillers (100% REAL meat) and are made in a proper facility with traceability of ingredients, proper cold chain and hygiene standards. They’re also free from artificial colours or flavours, have 0% trans fat and are gluten-free, nitrate-free and dairy-free! Now that’s a good sausage.
While Johnsonville’s sausages are highly versatile and can be used in pasta, tacos and more, we decided to make a Brat Hot Tub (beer sausages) using their official recipe!
- Johnsonville’s Original Bratwurst
- A pint of beer (tip: strong beers or craft beers give more intense flavours)
- ½ sliced yellow onion
- 1 tbsp butter
*Use tongs only, do not use a fork as the brats shouldn’t be poked when cooking to avoid the juice from leaking*
- Thaw the product prior to cooking.
- Lightly oil the pan and pre-heat.
3. Add the sausages into the pan.
- Cook over medium-high heat for approx. 4-5 minutes until brown on all sides. Turn the brats frequently for an even cook.
5. Pour a pint of beer into the pan.
- Add onion and butter and allow beer to warm up for about 10-12 minutes to absorb all the wonderful flavours. Then reduce heat to low and allow brats to simmer.
- Turn the brats halfway through. To ensure the sausages are cooked through, use a cooking or meat thermometer to make sure the sausage has reached an internal temperature of 70°C.
- Remove sausages from the pans and serve.
Et voila! Delicious and juicy sausages jam-packed with rich flavours.
You can enjoy them as is, or have them in a hotdog bun with your choice of condiments!
If you prefer a recipe without beer, try this simple one below instead:
- Lightly oil the pan and pre-heat.
- Add the sausages into the pan.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes until browned on all sides. Be sure to turn around the brats often.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Carefully add some water to the pan.
Cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until sausage internal temperature reaches 70°C, while diligently checking the brats every so often to ensure the water level is sufficient to avoid burning the sausages.
Get A Limited Edition Johnsonville Backpack
Are you craving Johnsonville yourselves? Be sure to check out The Meat Experts’ Johnsonville Fresh Sausage Combo promo and grab any three fresh sausages to score a limited edition Johnsonville Backpack (that serves as a cooler bag too)! Visit their website for seamless ordering and delivery services or click this link ‘The Meat Experts‘ to be directed to the closest GrabMart store for instant fulfilment services. Multiple outlets are available:
– Bukit Damansara
– Kompleks Selayang
– 3 Damansara
– Austin 18 (Johor Bahru)
Alternatively, stop by Qra Supermarket at The Stories (Bukit Tunku), The5 (The Five) or Arcoris (Mont Kiara)!
The Meat Experts